Yesterday we had a meeting about doing our required rural rotations, and boy was I surprised. I figured Oklahoma in and of itself is "rural" so I thought staying in my general comfort zone would be totally do-able right? WRONG. Apparently the closest rotation site is about 2 hours away and students are REQUIRED to live in the town they are rotating in. As I read the information my internal conversation went something likes this;
RURAL ROTATIONS: Jay, Ardmore, Sallisaw, Spiro, Vian...
Oh, well okay, this could be fun- not so bad. I LOVE rural Oklahoma, yep yep yep...
By the way, you're there for a month...
Huh? a month? that seems like quite a while, but it will be an awesome experience right?
Well the housing is provided for free.
GREAT!! At least I'll have a nice place to stay... right?
Well actually it will probably be a trailer with "several" other students, or a hospital room, but you get to eat in the hospital cafeteria for FREE!
Yep- this is totally gonna suck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I hope you go to Vian or Sallisaw! You would be by Mama. She could come and save you sometimes, or at least bring you food. When are you going?
ReplyDelete