The week before we came back I tried to get everything in order so I could start back and only concentrate on school.
Get my hair done (gray hair)... Check
Schedule my boards.... Check
Buy my board review books/prep course...Check
Take Zoe and Max to the vet for a check-up... Check
Re-take Zoe and Max to the vet because their teeth are so disgusting they have gingivitis and they will have to put them to sleep to clean all the barnacles off their teeth... not so much check.
This is the second time they have had to have their teeth cleaned. It's really pretty disgusting. I thought about taking a picture but after Zoe tried to bite me (she also has an ear infection), I figured it might be better for you just to imagine the crustiness.
Anyhow, I got alot done only to add more which always seems to be the case. Now I just need to keep myself from stressing myself, which is easier said than done. Here's what I'm working on...
1. Finding out my class rank. I don't really need it for anything I don't think, but the mystery of knowing is kinda compelling.
2. Not comparing my schedule to everybody else's board review schedule. There are some serious crazies in my class when it comes to studying for a test that is 6 MONTHS AWAY!
3. Stay relaxed, in any way I can. Last night I thought I would drowned my stresses in comfort food. I called Clint and said "We're having little kid food night- any ideas?" We ending up having sloppy joes, mac and cheese, cool ranch doritos, chocolate cake, and bud light (not something we drank as children). It actually really helped, it reminded me of old school slumber party!
Decided to add a picture anyway. This is not Max or Zoe but their teeth look just like this and I brush them!


Ewww to the dog teeth! Tula gets hers brushed when she is groomed, but eventually she'll need to have the deep cleaning. Sorry to hear about the ear infection also! We know all about that in our house. Did I tell you that the vet discovered Tula has a weird eardrum in her left ear which makes her prone to inner ear infections (as opposed the regular kind)? She's special. Anyway...you are right not to compare your schedule to other people's. You know what works best for you. I had to do the same with my comps schedule (all the while feeling like the slow person, but it worked out in the end). Your meal sounds soooooo good...We may have to recreate it. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, thank you so much for the picture!
ReplyDeleteEvery class has crazies. Just remember that you do have (somewhat of) a life outside of medical school. Your husband will thank you.