Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Truth


Studying for the boards... what does that mean anyway? I'm supposed to "review" 2 (in my case 3) YEARS of information. And not just any info, it's tedious minute details about diseases most people (including me) have never heard of and quite frankly may not exist.
Anyhoo- I'm studying for this junk, and all I ever hear is that "you have to make a such-and-such percentage" on "such-and-such question bank" in order to pass your boards. I came across a blog last night of a previous medical student who posted his scores on such a question bank which were SIGNIFICANTLY higher than mine- and I freaked.
Now I'm to the point of "who cares?" That guy was probably a weirdie that can't speak to a bump on a pickle (I love that phrase) and I'm gonna stop comparing myself.
Really?
Probably not- I can't help it, but here is the truth... hopefully I pass.. the first time... and when I do I will promptly place exactly how I studied and my percentages on question banks. I'll title it "The Truth Part Deux"
I'm not posting now because, well, if I don't pass- that would just be embarrassing.
Lastly- I can hear you out there... your criticisms are coming through the loud and clear. Your saying "Well stop writing on this stupid blog and go STUDY!!"
Okay, I will. Right after I finish watching Medical Mysteries on TLC.

2 comments:

  1. Oh silly girl. You WILL pass the first time and if not we both know you have a great back-up plan. :) (Don't worry, deep down I'm not actually rooting for you to fail.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Megan! Exactly one year ago I was in your shoes, and though I'm not going to blah-blah-blah you with advice , I will say that it is normal to go through the stages of death and dying at some point in boards studying. About the weirdie: what kind of egomaniacal person posts their board scores on a blog, anyway? I've got a word for persons with such behavior, and though it's not very lady-like it begins with a d and ends in bag. I've made a bet with my husband to see who can stay off Facebook the longest or I would say feel free to message me, but instead I'll say feel free to email me at anytime. : )

    ReplyDelete