
Background: Today we had our 3rd Pathology exam. After the exam you can pick up the key to your particular exam version and get you grade right then.
Today was a little different story. After I finished, I swiped the exam key and anxiously (as always) began grading my exam. This time I went in a break room to grade it, I have been know to grade it in the bathroom stall (it's nice and private), but this time I chose the break room- with windows.
I missed the first 3.
Well crud, that sucks. Maybe those are the only ones I missed :)
Nope- missed 5 more.
Ugh, I thought I studied pretty well... maybe I should have looked through my notes a 5th time. Keep grading...
Um- 20 missed, IN A ROW
What the heck?! Statistically I should have at least gotten one of those right! What in the world?
And then the kicker, the last 30 questions...
Yep, missed 'em all.
Okay, something's wrong or I'm quitting medical school. I rushed over to show someone and was hoping they would say "ME TOO!" As I wandered aimlessly through the school looking for solice, I walked by a group of students gleefully playing ping-pong, and NO ONE was saying they FAILED!! Uh-oh, maybe this wasn't a mistake, maybe I did fail, maybe I should crawl in a hole... Then I saw Katie, who started talking about a question on the test. She took one look at me and stopped mid-sentence. I handed her my answer sheet, and she (God bless her) said "THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT!"
I sprinted up the stairs to find out, after much turmoil, that the key was wrong. HOLY MOSES that was close!
SIDE NOTE: We went to lunch, and everybody but me watched a lady CHOKE and get the Heimlich maneuver. I totally got the shaft on life today.


I'm glad you passed the test! How scary about the choking woman though...I have a bit of a choking phobia. And a woman in my department had to get the Heimlich maneuver the other night (at her house, so obviously I wasn't there). I feel worried that I have heard of two choking people in a week!!
ReplyDeleteOnly a med student would be upset that they didn't get to see someone choke and get saved.
ReplyDelete