
I finally got a chance to clean up our house. Let me be the first to say it was horrid, it smelled like dirty dishes and old socks-disgusting. But now it is sparkling and fully christmafied! It makes me wish I was a house wife. It is so nice to clean your house and then just sit around looking at it and not have to worry about anything else, including SCHOOL!
I took pictures of how disgusting the house was before and had every intention of sharing the before and after with all of you. Then I decided that I didn't even want to expose myself to the pictures so you will only be seeing the after. Please ignore the food on the coffee table, Clint took FOREVER to eat dinner and I couldn't wait any longer to take a picture (and yes we always eat dinner in front of the T.V.).
After I got the house in order, I read Lindsey's (sweetsimplicityblog.com) blog with a recipe for Rolo pretzel candy and it sounded so good I had to make it! I ventured to Wal-Mart to pick up the supplies only to search long and hard for Rolo's for which I never found. I thought about asking but after searching for so long I was afraid I might scream, "WHERE ARE THE ROLO'S?!!" so I decided to try something else. And settled upon mini snickers. Lindsey's recipe had a rolo on top of a pretzel with a peanut squished in, so I figured that with snickers all of this is in one magical package.
I followed the same recipe (350 for 3 minutes) and at the end instead of squishing in a peanut, I squished in another pretzel. They are soooo good! And they kinda look like little Christmas presents!


Your house looks so comfortable and pretty! Ours is still in dirty-dishes-and-socks phase, but today was my last day of teaching, so I should be able to do something about it tomorrow! Those pretzels look good! Bringing them to Christmas?
ReplyDeleteI bet it is delish with a mini snickers!
ReplyDelete