Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Puppies and Dallas Cowboys

This year at Clint's family Christmas they had an edible art contest. I found a Christmas puppy cookie cutter and went crazy. I only got a picture of the Zoe and Max cookies, but there was a cookie for each of my mom's 3 shih-tzus. As a reward for modelling for the cookies, Zoe received a snuggie.
The most exciting event over Christmas was giving Clint his scavenger hunt for the "GREATEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER!!" (or so he says). Back in September, I decided I would get Clint tickets to see his favorite team- the Dallas Cowboys. I kept this hugemongous secret for 4 months, which in and of itself is a miracle. I think I told everyone I saw, including complete strangers about the secret. On top of me pinching myself everyday to not blurt out the surprise, I encountered another obstacle, my debit card number was stolen. We had to go through all of our bank statements back to June. Thankfully there was only one suspicious charge (the hotel) that Clint dismissed as soon as I said "Uuuuhhhh, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!"
The result of all the planning and lip biting was a 4 clue rhyming scavenger hunt that ended with shock and awe and lots of jumping for joy. He was SO excited, I told him I think he had a more ecstatic reaction to the tickets than he did to seeing me on our wedding day!
We are leaving this weekend for Dallas so look for pictures of our adventure to come...

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies are amazing! I'm very impressed. Have fun at the game!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies were so cute! And what a GREAT Christmas present! I didn't know about it until now! What good taste in women my cousin has. :)

    ReplyDelete