Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Infamous OU dress...

So about a month ago, I decided I needed a dress... made out of a t-shirt... an OU t-shirt. I thought "this is gonna be soooo easy!" just a couple stiches and there you go. I was wrong. I should have known when I went to the fabric store completely clueless and the clerk asked me, "is your mommy going to help you?" it would be a disaster.
Thankfully, my friend Lindsay (sweetsimplicityblog.com, who made one that actually looked like what it should) directed me to a website called The Polka Dot Alley. These ladies make all kinds of super cute stuff including t-shirt dresses! I hurriedly sent in my t-shirts to have a professional rectify my mistake. The turn around was incredible, not even a full week before my dress was in my grubby little hands!

It turned out SO cute- I love it, it's great, can't wait to wear it! The unfortunate part is that my first opportunity would be this weekend. This random dreary way-to-early-to-be-this-cold weekend, so looks like my much anticipated t-shirt dress will have to wait till next season. Sorry dress, in you go with all the summer tube tops and short skirts- not to be seen till next year. But before I place you in your dark tupperware coffin for the next 200 days, I will take a picture with you, and post you on my blog, where I will gaze out you frequently, and say "Maybe next year dress, maybe next year."









1 comment: