Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Puppy Bones

This week we had a Valentines Day bake sale to benefit Susan G. Komen. After thinking long and hard about what would be neat to make, I decided puppy bones would really get the donations going.
I had originally planned to make the biscuits and the icing myself, but do to my time constraints I just made the icing and bought a bunch of generic dog bones. I probably made about 14 bones and packaged them 2 by 2 for the bake sale.
They were gone in 10 minutes.
Oh crap. I was gonna bring the left overs home for Zoe and Max, and Lindsey wanted me to snatch some for Nuts. Plus I didn't take pictures of the first ones.
So I made some more. This time for every dog I could think of in driving distance (Sorry Tula).
Here they are...



I think I got everybody, all 3 of my mom's dogs, 2 of my sister's, Clint's parent's dog...




and of course Nuts, his was my favorite...

Recipe for Puppy Icing (mine is way different than the one I originally found)

  • 4 ounces of Cream Cheese (original called for low fat, I just used regular)
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • food coloring

3 comments:

  1. Okay ... I feel like I am stalking you because I can't figure out who you are at school, which makes me a complete creepster, but I saw your blog way back long ago when Lindsey mentioned it and I've been reading ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! I may have to make some for when Dog Two comes home with us...which might be this weekend! I want to get some special treats so Tula will think Dog Two is responsible for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so stinkin cute! I gave Nuts half of one tonight. He licked off all the icing first. It was so funny.

    ReplyDelete